Preview Screen jerky & choppy

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

rlung

Preview Screen jerky & choppy

Post by rlung »

Hello!

What is expected behavior of singer screen preview?

I'm experiencing jerky, choppy playback, like frames per second is 2. On cdg+mp3 its passable, but on mp4 its useless. Resizing or moving preview screen produces no change.

My use case is I'd like to see, verbatim, what my singers see.

Thank You!
hornet59

Re: Preview Screen jerky & choppy

Post by hornet59 »

Hi rlung,

Lately, I'm noticing the same problem too. I'm assuming you are using Siglos Karaoke Pro. Here's what I did to correct the problem:

1. Go to Settings and select KJ on the left side of the popup
2. In the Preview Screen Update Speed I'm using 175 milliseconds (I used to use 500)
* The 175 seems to work for me, but you might want to play with different numbers and see what works for you

I was also experiencing that same problem on the singer's screen if I displayed the words on a 65" Smart TV. It still works great on a small singer's monitor. If you are experiencing the same problem go into Settings and click on Display on the left side of the popup. In the Display section at the top I adjusted the Quality to 30 frames per (I used to have it at 50). Again you can play with this setting to find what works for you.

*NOTE: I never had these problems before, but maybe the new version affected something that did not work with my laptop, but my SKP still works as long as I have these settings. Hope things work out for you
rlung

Re: Preview Screen jerky & choppy

Post by rlung »

Fantastic reply, that was exactly the setting my old eyes missed a thousand times... thanks a million!

For those with the same issue in the future....

I adjusted 'preview screen update speed from default 500ms to 50, range allowed is 50-1000. Looks virtually verbatim to singer screen. CPU/GPU usage went up a little, but I believe thats to be expected.

I havent experienced the jerky singer screen, I also have it at 50fps. A similar issue I did experience was on an older laptop, which only had hdmi 1.4. Then outputting to a 4k monitor... it was limited to 30fps. Either upgrading the port to hdmi >= 2.0 or downgrading the res to 1080p fixed the issue.

Thank You!