Singer announcement screen

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Danimal

Singer announcement screen

Post by Danimal »

When a song ends, the announcement screen shows the proper next song and singer until you hit start. At this point the announcement screen comes up again with the following singer’s name and song before the current singer’s song is played. It did not do this until the last couple of updates.
Piotr
Admin

Re: Singer announcement screen

Post by Piotr »

We will add a way to control this via options in the next release.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

The current singer announcement screen is shown and then after hitting start for current singers song the next singer's announcement screen appears before the current singer's song begins to play. It did not used to do this and the update today does not correct the situation. Singers are prematurely getting up to sing as a result.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Ooooh, got it now! You have the crossfade set to quite long value and the new singer announcement indeed goes to fast. I will fix it today.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

The singer announcement screen is off again in the latest version of SKP. When a song ends the announcement screen for that song and singer is shown before it shows the upcoming song and singer screen.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

This is strange, no changes has been made there... Will look into it.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

Piotr wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:34 am This is strange, no changes has been made there... Will look into it.
i can also confirm this, but it has been that way for years. But this does not happen if i click "go to next" to end the song, it only shows the next singer..
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

I just assumed that it was to show who just sang what song. Not a show stopper for me.
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

I've always known about this since I started using the software over a year ago, but I figured my laptop was just slower and catching up to who was coming up next. Like hornet59 stated, it's not a big deal for me.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

I am further investigating this. it behaves differently based upon where the. song to be sung is coming from. I will report back my findings when I have more time to test. It is much better than it was before.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Oh yes, I misread and thought that it was _before_ the song. This has been like that from the beginning and users liked it that the singer who sang was on screen. I will see if this can be optional.