Skipping Singers

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

GaSouthpaw

Skipping Singers

Post by GaSouthpaw »

Every iteration of Siglos Karaoke Professional for the past (six?) months has been skipping singers.
I'll have a list of, say:
Joe
Traci
Shane
Jenny
Amy
Joe is sing, everything's fine. When his song ends, it will skip over Traci (deleting her song at the same time) and going to Shane.

My memory is terrible, so there are times I don't notice, so I could definitely benefit from having this corrected.
Help! Thanks!
Piotr
Admin

Re: Skipping Singers

Post by Piotr »

Is it possible that you have 'Wait for songs' disabled, and it was enabled before?
GaSouthpaw

Post by GaSouthpaw »

I've never (to my knowledge) used the "Wait for Songs" option because I use the program in "Playlist" mode, not "Rotation" mode (I find the "empty" slots to be distracting during shows).
What's happening is that one singer's song ends, instead of queuing up the next song, the program will skip the next singer/song, causing me to have to input the singer/song so they can perform their selection.
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

My KJs have also been talking about skipping singers and I've walked them through the wait for singers and the always skip option. I haven't personally encountered it.
GaSouthpaw

Post by GaSouthpaw »

B-Side wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:31 pm My KJs have also been talking about skipping singers and I've walked them through the wait for singers and the always skip option. I haven't personally encountered it.
Maybe I'm not describing it correctly, because the issue is not that I want to skip singers (I've use SKP for better than a decade, I know how to skip people)- it's that the program will, when the current's singer's song ends and the program goes the next singer/song on the playlist, it will skip that singer instead (again, this is in playlist mode- I don't use the rotation layout), removing them as if their song played (when it didn't). This causes me to have to go into the "Add Singer" and put them back into the queue so they can perform.
Unfortunately, I can't pinpoint exactly when this started, but it's been happening (for me, anyway) with the last three or four releases. The only settings I ever change are the remote login code (from the connectkaraoke website) and the custom video that plays between performers (which I change each week to keep it somewhat relevant), so I'm not sure what might be different (though the answer that immediately comes to mind is "nothing", since- again- I don't change the settings).
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

GaSouthpaw wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:22 pm
B-Side wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:31 pm My KJs have also been talking about skipping singers and I've walked them through the wait for singers and the always skip option. I haven't personally encountered it.
Maybe I'm not describing it correctly, because the issue is not that I want to skip singers (I've use SKP for better than a decade, I know how to skip people)- it's that the program will, when the current's singer's song ends and the program goes the next singer/song on the playlist, it will skip that singer instead (again, this is in playlist mode- I don't use the rotation layout), removing them as if their song played (when it didn't). This causes me to have to go into the "Add Singer" and put them back into the queue so they can perform.
Unfortunately, I can't pinpoint exactly when this started, but it's been happening (for me, anyway) with the last three or four releases. The only settings I ever change are the remote login code (from the connectkaraoke website) and the custom video that plays between performers (which I change each week to keep it somewhat relevant), so I'm not sure what might be different (though the answer that immediately comes to mind is "nothing", since- again- I don't change the settings).
I have 5 systems out that all use Siglos. I'm saying I personally haven't run into it, but 2 of my KJ's have said they've encountered it. Just adding to your post to say that there's validity to your claims :D
GaSouthpaw

Post by GaSouthpaw »

Gotcha. Guess I misunderstood your post. I'm old! :)
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

I am investigating this. If I need more details I will post back.
GaSouthpaw

Post by GaSouthpaw »

Thank you, Piotr!
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

I just noticed what happened when one of my singers was skipped. I pressed "go to next" while the song didn't have enough time left to fade out. So it jumped to the next singer, then immediately removed their song and jumped the the singer after that. Just wondering if that's everyone else's case.
GaSouthpaw

Post by GaSouthpaw »

B-Side wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:36 pm I just noticed what happened when one of my singers was skipped. I pressed "go to next" while the song didn't have enough time left to fade out. So it jumped to the next singer, then immediately removed their song and jumped the the singer after that. Just wondering if that's everyone else's case.
Interesting thing to look out for, but that has not been the case for me. In my case, the songs end "normally", but it skips the next singer.
That said, it did not do it at the show last night- but I did have two cases where the program shut down abruptly. Fortunately, it happened before the song for the singer started, so I was able to keep the filler music going (which I play from a separate program) and restart the program.
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

GaSouthpaw wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:02 am
B-Side wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:36 pm I just noticed what happened when one of my singers was skipped. I pressed "go to next" while the song didn't have enough time left to fade out. So it jumped to the next singer, then immediately removed their song and jumped the the singer after that. Just wondering if that's everyone else's case.
Interesting thing to look out for, but that has not been the case for me. In my case, the songs end "normally", but it skips the next singer.
That said, it did not do it at the show last night- but I did have two cases where the program shut down abruptly. Fortunately, it happened before the song for the singer started, so I was able to keep the filler music going (which I play from a separate program) and restart the program.
That's happened to me too where all the windows close after a song is done or hitting restart, and it's a random occurrence.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

A new update is coming this week, it should solve the issue.
GaSouthpaw

Post by GaSouthpaw »

As always, thank you Piotr. I truly appreciate the work all of you do and your taking the time to address our concerns.
1okedoke

Post by 1okedoke »

Hey everyone. This is happening to me in Playlist mode not Rotation.
Could the next update please have this sorted Piotr?
We got Duo next week thanks.