Easy Preset buttons for CD+G settings

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

B-Side

Easy Preset buttons for CD+G settings

Post by B-Side »

Sometimes the colors on my slideshow images clash with the colors of the lyrics and I'd like to be able to quickly toggle between 2 customizable settings if possible.
GaSouthpaw

Re: Easy Preset buttons for CD+G settings

Post by GaSouthpaw »

That's an interesting idea. Too bad the manufacturers never used a "standard" color for lyrics, because I run into the same kind of thing- some songs, the "slide" will look great, and- on others- the words get lost.
If I had the time (or the patience), I'd probably convert all of them to a uniform font/size color (and stick my logotype in the file somewhere), but I lack the motivation to tackle my library that way.
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

Back in the day, the graphics separated the brands identities too. Normally I can ask someone what did the words and background look like? and figure out what their favorite version is. It's not really that often they remember, but I can guide them to the right one.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

This is an interesting topic -- we are able to detect the colors used in the song, maybe there is a way to skip the backgrounds that have the same dominant colors. I will add this to the list of things to work on.
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

I have my backgrounds set for 600 seconds cause I don't want too much in the background to distract the singer. I suppose a skip or cycle background button would be nice. Sometimes a CD+G file (Perf Tracks and old MM for example) really don't look good with slideshow or shadow, so it would still be nice to have a quick toggle that I set to plain old default settings for those specific tracks as well.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

OK, added to the list of things to do.