Remote Queue with Last Initial enabled

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

B-Side

Remote Queue with Last Initial enabled

Post by B-Side »

Hello,

Been having an issue (customer comprehension) when trying to sign up for a song and not knowing that we use the First Name Last Initial. They also ignore the text because it just kind of blends in the background. I use a black background, white words. It would be great if we can change that specific color to Red to indicate there's an error in adding a song. Could possibly have a separate textbox to specify last name or last initial and combine them in Siglos when it's added to the Queue. I don't really know what would be the easiest.
Paradigm Karaoke

Re: Remote Queue with Last Initial enabled

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

what about just being able to customize the name field like we can with the secret code field? that way it can say "first name and last initial"
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Paradigm Karaoke wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:14 pm what about just being able to customize the name field like we can with the secret code field? that way it can say "first name and last initial"
Good idea, will add this to the next release.
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

I'm still finding a lot of people don't read. I wrote "First name + Last Initial (ex Sarah H)" and people will still try to only put one name and then miss the error message while continuously pressing submit. It's only entertaining the first few times a night. Still would like to see the error messages be in another custom color.
AbsoluteDJ

Post by AbsoluteDJ »

Doblon is the best!!!

Along those lines what about putting an example in light grey inside the text box? ex..(John D) or (First name, last initial)
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

That might be a better placement for it. Alternate option to have the last initial in a separate box?

Like I said, even changing the text to include it, several people are ignoring it.