Rotation Help For Lapsed User

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

DFT

Rotation Help For Lapsed User

Post by DFT »

I've come and gone from Power Karaoke a couple of times, because I've never been able to get comfortable with the way rotation works ... or at least as best I understand how to use it.

On the other hand, there are a lot of things I really like about it and I want to give it another try.

It is also possible that there has been some updating improvement to the rotation. If so, please explain.

The program I've primarily used, which I won't name, works as follows, which is what I'm hoping to be able to replicate in Power Karaoke.

Singer 1 at top of list has a song queued.
Singer 2 second in list has no song queued.
Singer 3 last in list has a song queued.

After I start Singer 1, Singer 1 rotates in the list and list looks like this.

Singer 2 at top of list has no song queued.
Singer 3 second in list has a song queued.
Singer 1 last in list has no song queued.

If I hit 'Start' again this happens. Singer 3 is started because the have a song queued and Singer 2 didn't. And now my list looks again like it was when I started, but at moment without queued songs.

Singer 1 at top of list has no song queued.
Singer 2 second in list has no song queued.
Singer 3 last in list has has no song queued.

Is there a way in Power Karaoke to make the rotation list behave like this?

As I haven't found one, I am reduced to using the up and down arrows to place a new singer in proper position in the static rotation list. FWIW, I do not place 'new' singers at the end of the rotation, but provided everyone in the existing rotation has had at least one turn at the mic, instead insert them directly in the rotation after the current singer.

This wouldn't be so bad, except ... and this may be another product of my ignorance of using the rotation list in Power Karaoke ... I can't figure out how to add a new singer to the rotation unless they have a song selected. Then my problem is that adding a new singer and song turns that entry into the active singer (text in red). If I do that with a couple new entries the last one is active and then I have to back track using the gold 'Star' to properly reset the intended next singer in the rotation. As the singer rotation and next singer is displayed on the room video screen, I get a lot of annoyed people coming up to my desk and saying they are supposed to be next.

I hope this makes sense and illustrates that I have experience running professional shows.

If any of you here who are also pro KJs and have found a method to keep your crowd happy and make the Power Karaoke rotation work for you, please share your method.

Thanks!

DFT
Idyllwild, California
adam

Re: Rotation Help For Lapsed User

Post by adam »

You may add to the program rotation a singer without any song selected using "Add empty" button in Add Singer dialog box. It is the third button from the top next to a singer edit box under "From History" and "Edit Singers" buttons.
B-Side

Re: Rotation Help For Lapsed User

Post by B-Side »

Also adding info to help,

Yes, the Add Empty button is what you're looking for to add a singer without a song. There's a dropdown option called New Singer Rotation Position on the bottom of the add singer screen to allow you to place a NEW singer where you want. By default it is set to the end of the rotation. If that's too much work, you can also drag and drop singers within your rotation instead of using the arrow keys.

I'm familiar with the software you use, and I do like that style that the current singer gets dropped to the bottom of the rotation automatically, but I feel Siglos has way more options to work with if you know how to use them.