Preserving Remarks, Notes and Comments in Siglos Karaoke Professional

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Tech-95

Preserving Remarks, Notes and Comments in Siglos Karaoke Professional

Post by Tech-95 »

Dear all,

I am a fervent karaoke enthusiast, and without a shadow of a doubt, I firmly believe that Siglos Karaoke Professional is the world's premier karaoke software. It encompasses everything and more than we, as users of this remarkable software, could ever expect, including those upcoming features in the pipeline (for instance, score voting, which I eagerly anticipate).

Recently, we had a family gathering, and I am uncertain whether what I observed is a minor glitch or part of the normal behavior. If the latter, I would appreciate an explanation regarding the underlying purpose.

In the image shown below, corresponding to the final part of the reservation from the mobile device with name "Remarks [Mobile]", there exists a field called "Remarks". If, for example, I were to write "Dedicada a Evaní" in this field, this message is seamlessly transferred to the "Remote Queue", as depicted in the image named "Remarks [PC Remote]". However, this only occurs when the "Auto Add" option is not enabled. If said option is enabled, the file is directly transferred to the interface named "Rotation" (see “Rotation [SKP App]” image), but without those "Remarks". What I fail to comprehend is whether this behavior is normal or not, specifically when entering to that "Rotation" section, then "Details," followed by "Edit song…," the previously written comment "Dedicada a Evaní" vanishes entirely, as visualized in the image below labeled "Comments [SKP App]" or "Song Properties". I even noticed that this disappearance happens when double-clicking directly from the "Remote Queue," where the aforementioned "Remarks" were displayed without any issue.

In "Song Properties," I believe the option labeled "Comments" should transfer the original "Remarks" from the initial reservation, while also allowing for the addition of any subsequent or additional comments. The peculiar aspect is that if I modify this value for one of the songs reserved by, for instance, "Mike," the same comment is transferred to all the other karaokes reserved by Mike, which strikes me as rather unusual.

Lastly, upon accessing "Add Singer," as depicted in the image "Notes [Add Singer]", any comments entered in "Notes" disappear entirely once added to the "Rotation". Personally, I would greatly prefer to retain these comments at all times, tied to their respective karaoke entries, as each song may carry a specific dedication or message that our esteemed "customers" wish to convey or handle during their performance.

[1]. Remarks [Mobile] https://bit.ly/3OhAEvG
[2]. Remarks [PC Remote] https://bit.ly/3Og0TTj
[3]. Rotation [SKP App] https://bit.ly/47cXL3d
[4]. Comments [SKP App] https://bit.ly/3QnngZN
[5]. Notes [Add Singer] https://bit.ly/3QogzXp
Piotr
Admin

Re: Preserving Remarks, Notes and Comments in Siglos Karaoke Professional

Post by Piotr »

Thank you for the nice words about our software.

The 'Comments' section of 'Edit song' apply to the song in the database, not to the particular request. The same goes to 'Notes' in 'Add singer' -- this field is attached to singer in the database, not to the particular song request.

There is no option to add comments to the request, unless it is a remote request and it shows in remote queue. So indeed with auto add enabled you will not see the remarks part (you can see it if you go to remote request history though).

I will give it some thought on how to address this (probably by identifying requests from remote queue in the rotation).
Tech-95

Post by Tech-95 »

I see, now I understand the functions perfectly, and I must say I quite like them. However, to reinforce and assess if it truly aligns with my belief, "Comments" is a field to add specific relevant information for a particular Karaoke to the Database. Therefore, if multiple people reserve the same song, I will see the same comments. For example, in the "Comments" section of the song "Quando Deus Quer" by "Lucas Lucco", I could include a comment like: "This track has an issue towards the end of the song, and moreover, it exhibits a somewhat subpar audio quality" or"This karaoke includes the original track by the band"; considering, for instance, that there could be 3 different versions of the same karaoke.

On the other hand, "Notes" are for adding information of interest or importance specifically for a particular customer. For this reason, if that customer reserves more than one song, even different ones, those notes stored in the Database should appear each time the client reserves any song. For example, if "Mike" participates in an event, I could put in "Notes": "Mike" is a city doctor who likes to be greeted frequently and use the Shure microphone with the 'Male-Highs' vocal equalization on the digital mixer."

With all that said, I find everything above very interesting, and I really appreciate the mechanism or the philosophy of operation. However, I would truly appreciate it if those "Remarks" made from the mobile application or even in the "Add Singer" interface could include an option to add some "Remarks" that are active only during that presentation and not remain permanently in the database. This would be useful, for example, if the customer wishes that, at the time of programming their karaoke, the DJ with his vocal animation can dedicate it at the customer's request to a specific person or give a special greeting to table 115 where that customer or their friends are seated. I precisely noticed this last point during our meeting when they put greetings and dedications in "Remarks" from the mobile application but unfortunately, I could never view them, and therefore, announce them, particularly because the "Auto Add" checkbox in the "Remote Queue" was enabled.

In large events, personally, I always prefer to keep the "Auto-add" feature enabled because, in such cases, there are usually many eager customers wishing to sing. At times, due to being engaged in various activities simultaneously, we tend to overlook the transfer from the "Remote Queue" to the customer in the "Rotation". This, unfortunately, leads to these customer in the "Remote Queue" waiting longer than usual or missing their turns, especially if they made early reservations. It is our responsibility to avoid such situations. Additionally, with the existence of a lengthy customer list, even if we initially had greetings or dedications in the "Remarks" section in the "Remote Queue," as we transfer them to the "Rotation" for the reasons mentioned earlier, it becomes challenging to remember all the "Remarks" that all those customers had requested. Perhaps this part may be a bit difficult to explain, but I hope I have conveyed my point effectively. For this reason, it would be beneficial to retain "Remarks" in one way or another.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

there is an option in the remote request that allows you to have SKP stop a song from being added if there is a comment so you can read it.
assassin32

Post by assassin32 »

I'd like to be able to have a search function for the Song Properties Comments.
assassin32

Post by assassin32 »

assassin32 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:00 pm I'd like to be able to have a search function for the Song Properties Comments.
maybe add Comments as a choice in the Song Database > Advanced drop down filter?