Re-ordering songs on the phone

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

AbsoluteDJ

Re-ordering songs on the phone

Post by AbsoluteDJ »

Is it possible to add the ability for the singers to add/delete and change the order of their songs in their personal queue?
Paradigm Karaoke

Re: Re-ordering songs on the phone

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

they already can, they just need to be logged in and an arrow will show to the right of their name in the queue. there they can change order and remove songs on their own.
AbsoluteDJ

Post by AbsoluteDJ »

Wow, that's perfect! When did that get added? I must have been asleep..
AbsoluteDJ

Post by AbsoluteDJ »

So I'm playing with this tonight. I see the arrow but the only option it gives me is to "remove" a song. I tried it on the phone with the Chrome, Samsung Internet app on Android, Safari on IPhone, and Chrome on a PC. All with the same results.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

queue.jpg
queue.jpg (18.31 KiB) Viewed 45367 times
Singers can change order only if they have more than one song in the queue. You should get something like this.
Krisko

Post by Krisko »

That might be the bug I reported where some of the options get stuck below the bottom of the screen with no way to access them. It happens on the 2-3 singers at the bottom of the page.
AbsoluteDJ

Post by AbsoluteDJ »

I don't get those options. Only to remove it. I have 5 songs in my personal que by the way.
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (103.69 KiB) Viewed 44961 times
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Can you please send us your settings (you can export them in Settings/Tools).
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

And one more thing to check -- there is a limit to the number of songs displayed in the queue (Remove Queue settings / Display /At most X songs). And this will count current user songs as well. I will fix this in the next release, but maybe this is what you are seeing.
AbsoluteDJ

Post by AbsoluteDJ »

Piotr that build worked, thank you. I can now see the move, the up, and the down buttons. i can only move the first and second songs in my personal queue. However if I had three songs in I could only shuffle the first two.

Here's what I'm thinking would be a great way to implement this. Could you create a new tab in the phone screen. Maybe this one would be called "My Queue"? This would open up a screen that would display a singers list of their songs only in their personal queue. Then they could re-order them as they wish. This would work just like ours works in the rotation screen.

Or maybe instead of a new tab/button, how about if you click the blue triangle it opens up your personal queue screen where you can make changes. Then a selection to close that screen which returns you to the general singers queue.

What do you think?
Last edited by AbsoluteDJ on Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

This makes sense. I will add this to the list of thing to do.
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

Would also like to add a feature that adds pages to singers songs for when they have more than the allowed amount on a single sheet. Maybe a default of 25 songs per page? I'm guessing the limitation right now is for the cache. Would be nice for them to be able to see every song on their list.
assassin32

Post by assassin32 »

the only suggestion I'd have is to default arrange the My Songs (history) from most sung to least sung songs...in essence putting a singer's favorites at the top of the list.