Multiple Sites for connectkaraoke

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

lobomike61

Multiple Sites for connectkaraoke

Post by lobomike61 »

I run two or three shows concurrently. How do I separate The different shows for singers to put songs in? Right now, I have a singer putting in a song and it is showing up at a show 75 miles away. Thanks
GaSouthpaw

Re: Multiple Sites for connectkaraoke

Post by GaSouthpaw »

I think your predicament is solved by purchasing a separate license for each computer running the program. As far as I've ever known, SKP is only supposed to be used on one PC at a time, even if there's nothing in their code that blocks multiple installations- though not having an option for multiple, concurrent running online requests is certainly an effective way to ensure proper use. A company running multiple shows a night- one or more nights a week- are (hopefully) profiting on all three. It seems only fair that said company pays the appropriate licensing fee for the software they use to run the show- particularly considering how good SKP is for hosting, how simple the online request portal is to use (for KJs and singers), and how good Piotr and Adam are about supporting their customers.

May I suggest that you put in a feature request for site licensing for the program? That's a standard practice in business software for many industries. Alternately, perhaps contact Power Karaoke (Piotr or Adam) via e-mail and inquire whether you might be able to get a discount for buying multiple "keys".
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

Assuming you are running separate licenses, you also need separate accounts for the KJ login on connect karaoke to generate different API's for each system. I would like to see multiple API's for a single KJ login as we also have people working for us and I'd rather be in charge of printing their QR Code and not having to change it for each new KJ we train.
GaSouthpaw

Post by GaSouthpaw »

B-Side wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:19 am Assuming you are running separate licenses, you also need separate accounts for the KJ login on connect karaoke to generate different API's for each system. I would like to see multiple API's for a single KJ login as we also have people working for us and I'd rather be in charge of printing their QR Code and not having to change it for each new KJ we train.
I have no idea (because I only host at one venue), but if your individual licenses are all under the same email, I'd think you'd be able to do that. Definitely a "feature request" kind of thing. I totally get keeping a handle on who has "control" of that stuff.
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

Yea, all of our systems have the same email for the license, but each one needs a separate connectkaraoke email to generate a different API. I get why it's like that, but it's hard to make sure the KJ we use doesn't change their API accidentally, which changes the link/QR code that we have printed out for them.
lobomike61

Post by lobomike61 »

Thanks for the insight everyone. I was understanding that Siglos could be installed and operated under 10 different computers. I am only using 5 at this moment; 4 for shows and then on my own computer that I hold as a backup. If I need to purchase additional licenses that is more than fair given the excellent platform and operation for the cost. Could an admin let me know? Thanks
assassin32

Post by assassin32 »

As an aside, I only use 1 laptop currently for multiple venues. I have different announcements screens for each site, including web portal colors and collection links.

I have multiple settings zip files tailored to each site. Once you have all of your customizations done, make sure to apply, and save your settings with an appropriate name to distinguish each one. When it comes time to host at different spots, load your settings for the one you want. I have had good success with this method.

you can also group your singers, by venue, if you enable venue support. The singer properties can assign a venue to a specific singer, or if you have followers the come to shows at different venues, just leave the venue as (not set) in the singer properties screen.

i know I wasn't asked...just sharing experience.
rok55

Post by rok55 »

assassin32 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:45 am As an aside, I only use 1 laptop currently for multiple venues. I have different announcements screens for each site, including web portal colors and collection links.

I have multiple settings zip files tailored to each site. Once you have all of your customizations done, make sure to apply, and save your settings with an appropriate name to distinguish each one. When it comes time to host at different spots, load your settings for the one you want. I have had good success with this method.
Hello assassin32, I also host at several venues each week and am interested in your process custom .zip files for each. I don't want to hijak this thread, can you expound a bit.
assassin32

Post by assassin32 »

Sure.

I get all of my custom screens (singer announcement and inactive background) and tweaks (scrolling message) in place, plus my Remote Queue settings (web interface) handled.

Then I go to the main program settings and click Apply.

After that, I click on Tools, and Save Settings as, and choose an appropriate file name for the set up.

Crud, is it me, or have we lost the ability to add screen shots directly into these posts?
Khalifnn

Post by Khalifnn »

If you're using separate licenses, you'll also need separate accounts for the KJ login on Connect Karaoke to generate different APIs for each system. It would be beneficial to have multiple APIs for a single KJ login, especially since we have staff working for us. It would be more convenient for me to manage printing their QR codes without having to change it for each new KJ we train.
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

Khalifnn wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:02 am If you're using separate licenses, you'll also need separate accounts for the KJ login on Connect Karaoke to generate different APIs for each system. It would be beneficial to have multiple APIs for a single KJ login, especially since we have staff working for us. It would be more convenient for me to manage printing their QR codes without having to change it for each new KJ we train.
I agree with this. We have people working for us and it would be great for me to be able to have access to each of the API's to generate the QR codes and print signage for multiple shows with 1 master account.