MP4 support for slideshow

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Paradigm Karaoke

MP4 support for slideshow

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

can this be done? i have an animated video of my logo i would like to be in the mix but it is currently not supported.
GaSouthpaw

Re: MP4 support for slideshow

Post by GaSouthpaw »

If you have the ability, save it to a supported format. If you don't personally have a program that will do that, whoever created it for you should be able to do it. Failing that, send me a message and I will help you out.
Paradigm Karaoke

videos are not currently supported at all.
GaSouthpaw

Post by GaSouthpaw »

Paradigm Karaoke wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:39 pm videos are not currently supported at all.
Unless I'm missing something, you can certainly use video behind the songs (instead of a slideshow). It's under "Display" setting. (It just has to be the correct format).
Paradigm Karaoke

yes, i use a video as the lyric background, i was looking to have it in the slideshow while not playing karaoke
GaSouthpaw

Post by GaSouthpaw »

Paradigm Karaoke wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:49 pm yes, i use a video as the lyric background, i was looking to have it in the slideshow while not playing karaoke
Oh, it does that, too. Just select your file- the option is on the Settings/Display page.
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (53.45 KiB) Viewed 20909 times
I do a custom one for every show that lasts about five minutes. It has birthdays, trivia, how to sign up info, etc. It's a great feature, as it will loop the video- and, when your singer starts, it goes away. When their song is over, it picks right back up where it was. If you want to see a sample of what I'm talking about, let me know and I'll link you to my sample file.
Paradigm Karaoke

you're too far left for the slideshow. it is the one in the center that i am talking about.
GaSouthpaw

Post by GaSouthpaw »

Paradigm Karaoke wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:42 pm you're too far left for the slideshow. it is the one in the center that i am talking about.
My mistake, I thought you were asking about using MP4s, which is why I made the suggestion and offered to show you the sample of mine. Now, I (think) I understand that you're wanting to have your MP4 be part of the slideshow. My bad. I don't think that would work, since (most) slideshows only work with still images.
That said (and, again, assuming I now understand what you're looking for), I would still suggest creating a video that incorporates your logo. That way, you'd be assured of your logo showing up as you wanted it to (since the slideshow is random, it wouldn't necessarily always come up in the "rotation" unless you limit the number of images/videos). A custom video would allow whatever images and info (and your logo) to come up in whatever order you preferred, and the time you preferred. Anyway, just a thought.