Creating Collections

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

marciobarroso

Creating Collections

Post by marciobarroso »

Hello. Im still learning to use this software and I am having one trouble creating two collections for the custumers use in the kiosk. One collection only with songs from my country (Brazil) and another with international ones. Is that possible? What should I do? Thanks for the help.
adam

Re: Creating Collections

Post by adam »

You may create any collection you want. Basically, you just need to filter the files you want to add to a collection in Song Database dialog box, and then click "+" button to create a collection. You may also manually select songs on the song list, and click "Add Selected" button. Could you please describe the problem you are having with more details?
marciobarroso

Post by marciobarroso »

Thanks I think I did.
assassin32

Post by assassin32 »

I think Collections and Fill-In Playlists aren't necessarily too far removed from each other. I'd like to be able to compile a Playlist and save it as a Collection, and then be able to load that Collection in the Fill-In Playlist window. Or conversely, allow a .cdp file to be edited in the Collections sub window.

Does this make sense?
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Collections are karaoke, while Fill-Ins are any audio songs. I am working on saving and loading Fill-Ins, this should help you to keep them in order.
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

I'm having trouble finding a way to add new songs to a collection that was already created.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

What exactly is not working for you?
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

I'm new to this feature so my question is: After you create a collection, how do you add new songs to it?
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

First you need to select your collection from the list. Then make sure that you are searching in the entire database (Funnel icon for 'Search within current collection only' is off). Now you can search for the songs you want to add. You can use 'Add selected' and 'Add all visible' buttons to add songs to the collection.
assassin32

Post by assassin32 »

Piotr wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:05 am Collections are karaoke, while Fill-Ins are any audio songs. I am working on saving and loading Fill-Ins, this should help you to keep them in order.
or videos. those can be used as fill in tracks too
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

Piotr wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:11 am First you need to select your collection from the list. Then make sure that you are searching in the entire database (Funnel icon for 'Search within current collection only' is off). Now you can search for the songs you want to add. You can use 'Add selected' and 'Add all visible' buttons to add songs to the collection.
That's the part I was probably missing. Thank you.