Importing songs

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Talisman

Importing songs

Post by Talisman »

Hi, i am new to this forum and browsed some post regarding importing songs but not found a solution.
I have used Justkaraoke 2.0 for many years but are missing remote request function.
So i downloaded Siglos Karaoke 2.4.3.28 to se if it meet my demands.

In Justkaraoke i followed a naming format
Artist - Title - Vendor - Year
or
Artist - Title - Vendor
or
Artist - Title

In Siglos, if i choose Artist - Title and try to import Abba - Waterloo - Sunfly
i i get
Artist = Abba - Waterloo
Title = Sunfly

I have tried several combination but no luck importing the songs right.

Any tips among you pro users?
adam

Re: Importing songs

Post by adam »

You may create your own name parsing rule choosing "Other" from the naming format drop-down list, and setting the rule, so it matches your filenames exactly. You may select separators from drop-down lists, or type in your own separators. You may also select "Ignore" keyword, if you want a part of a filename to be skipped.
Talisman

Post by Talisman »

I have tried different name parsing rules but got none to function the way i need.

The closest rule is Other and Artist - Title - Ignore

The when i try to import ABBA - Angel Eyes - Sunfly i get ABBA - Angel Eyes and Sunfly are ignored
I tried to import 100 songs with the same setting and got about 50 right and 50 wrong.

The naming convention of all my songs are the same, in Justkaraoke they imports ok.
adam

Post by adam »

What is a difference between filenames that are imported properly, and those that are not?
Talisman

Post by Talisman »

I found out that the name parsing rules did not work the way i tought they should work.
I have to import my database two times with different name parsing rules and then it works. :)
Talisman

Post by Talisman »

In the "Song Database" it shows in the heading "Artist" - "Title" - "Disc" - "Track"

When you edit a song you got the option to put in "Genre" but this dont show up in the heading of the "Song Database"

Is there a way to sort the songs by "Genre"?
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Genre is used for information only at the moment.
Rockaz

Post by Rockaz »

Are there any youtube videos made by Power Karaoke that show how to import songs?

Also, is there a databases in the program of all known karaoke manufacturers that the program relies upon to import songs?

I saw a competing software program that works this was and was just curious if it's the same here
adam

Post by adam »

Songs are imported based on information in filenames or ID3 tags. Please see the following link for instruction:

https://www.powerkaraoke.com/help/siglo ... songs.html
assassin32

Post by assassin32 »

Furthering on what Talisman posted, a best practice is that if you have a batch of songs that are from the same source (formatted the same way), select 1 song to test your parsing rule(s), whether you use the standard models, or build a custom rule, before a mass import.
Rockaz

Post by Rockaz »

I'll have to import each folder individually.

All mine are in folders according to manufacturer.
assassin32

Post by assassin32 »

So, for instance, all of your Sound Choice or Sunfly files, in their respective folders, have no consistency in their formatting for importing?