Playlist to switch songs when new singer loaded

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

kcp32

Playlist to switch songs when new singer loaded

Post by kcp32 »

figured out ow to have the playlist advance to new song with each singer ending a performance.

As a DJ/KJ for over 26 years, i HATE DEAD AIR. As that pertains to Karaoke and the playlist, it would be great to have a option maybe to have Siglos listen for no audio at the end of a Karaoke tract and then when the level is low enough, fade in the next playlist song to eliminate the dead air after a song.

This option would need to have some adjustments most likely that would let someone adjust the sensitivity of how silent it is while monitoring after a songs ending.

as it is right now, i use to programs, Siglos for Karaoke, and VDJ as a fill-in playlist option simply because I can fade a song in WAY FASTER at the end of a karaoke song than the playlist in Siglos can, thus eliminating all the dead air after the songs ending. Would love to use Siglos as a standalone to accomplish this action.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks
Piotr
Admin

Re: Playlist to switch songs when new singer loaded

Post by Piotr »

There is an option to skip silence at the end of the song -- does it not work for you?
AbsoluteDJ

Post by AbsoluteDJ »

It works well most of the time Piotr but sometimes there is an awkward second or two. Maybe a crossfade function would help. I remember way back when, Compuhost use to do a fade I think.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Unfortunately crossfade is not possible at the moment due to technical reasons. But we are thinking of alternatives.