So Far So Good

If you have used our software and found it useful this is the place to share your experiences with others.

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Tele

So Far So Good

Post by Tele »

I Just purchased the cd + G burner software and the Player Recorder software and im really liking it.I cant wait to use this software on my laptop computer.

WAY TO GO POWERKARAOKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
samlopez

computer laptop

Post by samlopez »

Hell Tele,

I was reading your post and was wondering what type of lap top computer are you using this software with and can you play, read lyrics and burn CD+G Karaoke Disc. I am wanting to purchase a lap top computer but am confused regarding the type of computer that can do all this with this software. Is your system working and what is it?

Sam
oke-doke

Re: computer laptop

Post by oke-doke »

[quote="samlopez"]Hell Tele,

I was reading your post and was wondering what type of lap top computer are you using this software with and can you play, read lyrics and burn CD+G Karaoke Disc. I am wanting to purchase a lap top computer but am confused regarding the type of computer that can do all this with this software. Is your system working and what is it?

Sam[/quote]

Hi Sam,
What did you end up doing, as I am in the same predicament as you were. have you had any joy! or are you still sorting it out? :P
jokerswild

Post by jokerswild »

If your buying a laptop you may want to research the brand and model CD-R drive they have installed in it before you buy... most of the time you can go to the manu's website and get the specs on what hardware is installed but then you'll have to go to the CD-Rom's manu site for information on the specific drive... you may even have to make a call.

Either way you need to find out if it supports the CDG subcode read/write...

Or forget all that and get an external Plextor drive. Most Plextor drives support at least CDG read functions which can be enough... it was in my case anyway.

Just a note not all manu's list CDG compatability on their spec sheets for example:

I have two drives

1. External Plextor drive (which I have since internalized)
1. Internal Lite-On drive (which is now external...lol)

The plextor drive says it supports CDG Read Only, however I am able to both read and write CDG using Power CD+G Burner, but no other programs designed to burn CDG's works with this drive.

The Lite-On drive doesn't say anything about it's ability to do anything with CDG's however on a happy happenstance it does, both. And equally as well as the more expensive Plextor drive.

Hope this helps.