Lyrics goes slowly out of sync to audio. ie. fals behind.

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

v-lyn

Lyrics goes slowly out of sync to audio. ie. fals behind.

Post by v-lyn »

Hi, I am a new user to power video karaoke. I notice that when I output to an AVI file at 352 x 288 with 29.97 fps my video (ie. lyrics) gradually falls behind the audio. I have made sure the lyrics are in sync while tapping in and it plays fine while in Pwer Video. I tried adjusting the lyrics by -1000 but the AVI file produced is showing the delayed lyrics after about 10 seconds. FYI I use a wav file about 3 minutes long and I use an imported avi which I overlay with my lyrics.
If I produce and mpg it seems to be okay but the video quality is not as good. Any ideas? I am using the lates PV version
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

I am sorry you are having problems. What compression setting have you used for audio and video?
v-lyn

Compression used

Post by v-lyn »

Thanks for the quick response. So far I've used Full frames (uncompressed) and Panasonic DV Codec. Any suggestions ?
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

We recommend using DIvX for video compression. Have you used any audio compression?
v-lyn

Post by v-lyn »

I create my own background music using Cubase from midi and audio files. The wave file is standard cd quality 44.1/16bit. I have not tried using DivX. for video compression. Should I use the built in DivX 5.2.1 codec or another?. Also, would decreasing the frame rate from 29.97 help? FYI my avi is one I produce from my own digital video through Pinnacle Studio 9.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

I meant audio compression in 'Create Video File' dialog box. But as you are not changing it is is default uncompressed audio. Please try DivX codec installed on your computer. You may also try using round framerate (30 or 25). What are you using AVis for? Are you using them to create DVD, or are you playing them as AVIs? In the second case 25 FPS will perfect.
v-lyn

Post by v-lyn »

I use the avis to ultimately create mpeg2 for outputting to DVD. The audio compression I use is CD Quality. I have now deduced after much testing that video frame rates for avi's at below 25fps and at res 352x288 seems to work fine even uncompressed. 29.97fps is definitely problematic for me and causes the video delay everytime. Anyone else having this problem. My PC should be capable of handling it as the specs are 3.2 Intel CPU, 1gb ram, 2x200GB serial ata drives etc.. I have tried your suggestion for using DivX etc and get the same results. ie. I can only produce a synced video below 25fps. but the quality is definitely better uncompressed
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

I will look into this -- maybe I can find the reason. But whay are you not creating MPEG files? You may set DVD compression in Power Video Karaoke as well.
v-lyn

Post by v-lyn »

I try and keep all my video at avi quality throughout. The avi produced from Power Video Karaoke is not the final step in my process. I feed the avi into other dvd authoring software to add scenes and different language vocal tracks etc. Only at the end do I output mpeg for burning to DVD. My problem is with the avi coming out of PowerVideoKaraoke before I pass it to other programs. Am I wrong in my thought process on keeping avi throughout? 25fps seems to be my threshold as the delay happens in the avi produced or doesn't render properly above this fps. ie. the AVI file produced cannot be opened by Windows Media Player, Cliprex or Virtual Dub.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Uncompressed video should work file (the problem is that you will have very large files). Have you tried using 50 FPS? Or any other integer number larger than 25? This would give you a margin for postprocessing (although the processing time will be double). I have not been able to find what might be the reason of your problems, but as soon as I find out anything I will let you know.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

We have modified some of the code responsible for video file writing -- please give version 1.2.25 a try.