trail version crashes whenever I open an MP3

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

RayRay

trail version crashes whenever I open an MP3

Post by RayRay »

I just discovered Power Karaoke today. Seems cool. Problem is that I cant even get it to work. Everytime I try to open an MP3, the "PowerKaraokePlu.exe has generated errors and will be closed Windows. You will need to restart the program." I'm using a single 1.4 pentium 4, 512 ram with 2.4 free gig space. Windows 2000 with DirectX 9. Anyone know what the problem might be?
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

You may try updating your DirectX to 9.0c from http://www.microsoft.com/download. I am not sure what else might be the reason, but if this does not help please post back.
RayRAy

Post by RayRAy »

I've downloaded DirectX 9.0c, installed, restarted, yet still the same problem remains. Anything else you might think it is?
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Does it happen for every MP3 file you try? What about WAV files?
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

It happens for every mp3 i try to import but it's fine with any wav file.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

I am very sorry, but I have no idea what might be wrong. Are you able to play MP3 files in Windows Media Player without problems?

We will release new build of PowerKaraoke at the end of February -- maybe it will fix the problem? Please come back and try the new version when it will be available.

Post by Guest »

Yeah, I can play mp3s with no problem in any media player. I'll look forward to the new build when it's released. Thanks for the help.