Power CD+G Player Pro

If you have used our software and found it useful this is the place to share your experiences with others.

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

RickW

Power CD+G Player Pro

Post by RickW »

I just tried Power CD+G Player Pro (demo) and I felt I had to tell you how impressed I was. I have tried several other CD+G players over the last few years and I have been disappointed in the mixed results. All of them I tried have recommended only certain drives (mostly Plextor and older Sony models). In fact some of the CD+G playing software won't even recognize a drive if it isn't on the list of usable drives.

When I first tried Power CD+G Player, I intended to use my old Sony drive which I know is capable of reading and writing the sub-codes necessary for CD+G. At first I was disappointed when Power CD+G wouldn't recognize the Sony drive (apparently because I had it hooked up externally via USB). The only drive that was recognized by Power CD+G was my internal IDE CD-burner. This was a very inexpensive drive (It was $19.99 after rebate). I put a copy of a CD+G disk that I had made in the cheap burner and Power CD+G Player played it and displayed the graphics perfectly. I could hardly believe it because I had just tried the same disk in the Sony drive (the only one the other software would recognize) and it played with a lot of artifacts showing up in the graphics that made some of the screens unreadable. Then I made a third generation copy of the copy on a CD-RW. It also played and displayed graphics perfectly with Power CD+G, but had terrible artifacting with the other CD+G playing software using the "compatible" Sony drive.

Keep up the good work. I don't see how any other CD+G software can compete with your product. The only thing I would like to see added is the ability to use external drives via USB or Firewire.

Rick W
Stockton, CA

Re: Power CD+G Player Pro

Post by Guest »

RickW wrote:I just tried Power CD+G Player Pro (demo) and I felt I had to tell you how impressed I was. I have tried several other CD+G players over the last few years and I have been disappointed in the mixed results. All of them I tried have recommended only certain drives (mostly Plextor and older Sony models). In fact some of the CD+G playing software won't even recognize a drive if it isn't on the list of usable drives.

When I first tried Power CD+G Player, I intended to use my old Sony drive which I know is capable of reading and writing the sub-codes necessary for CD+G. At first I was disappointed when Power CD+G wouldn't recognize the Sony drive (apparently because I had it hooked up externally via USB). The only drive that was recognized by Power CD+G was my internal IDE CD-burner. This was a very inexpensive drive (It was $19.99 after rebate). I put a copy of a CD+G disk that I had made in the cheap burner and Power CD+G Player played it and displayed the graphics perfectly. I could hardly believe it because I had just tried the same disk in the Sony drive (the only one the other software would recognize) and it played with a lot of artifacts showing up in the graphics that made some of the screens unreadable. Then I made a third generation copy of the copy on a CD-RW. It also played and displayed graphics perfectly with Power CD+G, but had terrible artifacting with the other CD+G playing software using the "compatible" Sony drive.is your sony d dvd drive 54uain svaio laptop like mine

Keep up the good work. I don't see how any other CD+G software can compete with your product. The only thing I would like to see added is the ability to use external drives via USB or Firewire.

Rick W
Stockton, CA

Post by Guest »

i have a sony vaio laptop with a dvd rewrite another cdg plsyer i use wont regonise my drive but power cdg does great.so the other software can go and see a taxidermist

Post by Guest »

very interesting...ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Imagine

Post by Guest »

i have a sony vaio laptop with a dvd rewrite another cdg plsyer i use wont regonise my drive but power cdg does great.so the other software can go and see a taxidermist
:X Now imagine if the world was like that.:I
e5frog

Post by e5frog »

I have a HP DVD Writer 740b (Bios HJ24) and burning CD+G works perfectly from Power CD+G Burner when I set it to CDRDAO and check "raw subchannel mode" and "Use MMC-RAW driver".

Internal burning engine did not work, neither CDRDAO without "Use MMC-RAW driver"

Currently I only have trouble with synchronising the lyrics after creating a bin or cdg-file and also that the highlightning being randomly horisontally offset one or two pixels on most words when using Karaoke CD+G Creator 2.0.16.