I'm stuck, need help to understand...

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Fjuppe

I'm stuck, need help to understand...

Post by Fjuppe »

I'm struggling with the following:

I have several cdg+mp3 files from different discs that I want to burn to one CD-R. All "pairs" play fine on all PC based players including LD player. I use Powerkaraoke to convert to BIN files, all BIN's also play fine in all PC based players.

I primarily use Power CD+G burner to burn to a Plextor PX-716 (firmware 1.4) external USB drive.
Now the problem shows: About 50% of the tracks will not display graphics on my Xtreme Karaoke Pro Player. Audio is always OK. I have tested all setting combinations in Power CD+G burner (ruined about 30 CD-R's....). All burning is made with 4x speed which is the slowest on the Plextor.

If I now take the same BIN files into CDRWin (3.9K) and burn on the Plextor, I get the opposite results. I.e. tracks without graphics shown when using Power CD+G are now playing OK with graphics while the tracks that play OK when burned in Power CD+G do not show any graphics at all.

I would not say this is consistent related to different brands of original discs and all cdg+mp3 files are ripped with Power CD+G ver 1.1.1. I've also tried to rip directly to BIN files with same results.

Any ideas why some files work and some files not ??

Also, sometimes, my external karaoke player does not se 20 different tracks (I usually burn 20 tracks on each disc) on a burned disc but only one, large track which plays back OK but with no chance to manage trackwise.

Any ideas what is missing?

Fjuppe
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

I have to admit this sounds like magic :?

My guess would be that the player you are using has some compatibility problems that show when the compilation of songs is done. I cannot explain why some tracks work with Power CD+G Burner and other work with CDRWin though. Could you please try to play the 'good' track to the end and let the player start the next track that normally would not display the lyrics. Also the fact that the player fails to read the table of contents of the disc may suggest that it does not cope well with CD-Rs.

I would very much like to take a look at the CDG file that is not playing properly -- can you email it to me?