jumbled graphics when burning

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

walmo

jumbled graphics when burning

Post by walmo »

I am using the latest trial versions of CD+G Burner and Powerkaraoke plus. I have created several test .BIN files within PK and then tried to burn several test CD+G disks. When I tried simulation mode I received 'unknown error' almost straight away. I went ahead and tried several actual burns and got the message that the disks hace successfully burnt. When I ripped those test files back off the disk and played them in Power CD+G player the audio was fine but the graphics have corrupted (unusable but sometimes you can read some of the lyrics).
I tried various settings changes such as 'don't interleave subchannel data' and 'use MMC-RAW' driver' with no success. I also ripped a couple of songs from a commercial CD+G and then burnt them onto a disk with no problems at all!!!
My CD burner is an internal NEC NR-7900A with firmware 1.08 and my PC is running Windows XP Pro.
Do you think I need another burner?
msaudinaitis

garbled graphics

Post by msaudinaitis »

I'm getting the same results. But for me, approximately 80-90% of the burns are fine. Once in a great while, the graphics some through garbled, if there at all. When viewing the cgd file in a Power Player Pro, the graphics are fine.

Triedburning the same file in another PC, another burner. Same file came up corrupted, all others worked. This is a repeated, consistent scenario.

Why are they OK on the PC when played directly from the file, yet burn bad?

Using XP pro, several Sony burners, tried with 4 different brands of CDs
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

We will be releasing version 1.2.1 today. It contais different burning engine -- please visit our site at the end of the day, download it and give it a try.