creating silent .wav files from .kar

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

karaokefan

creating silent .wav files from .kar

Post by karaokefan »

I saw this posting, but there was no solution offered. I have exactly the same problem. My sound card is SoundBlaster Live. There was something about "wire-looping" card. Please explain if you can. I tried everything but whenever converting .kar file I get lyrics fine, but no sound. If I can't solve this problem, then powerkaraoke is not good for me.

I tried using trial version to convert a .kar file to .cdg and .bin. The lyrics work in the powerkaraoke player, but no sound. When I open the .wav file with cooledit, it is just a straight line for the length of the file. Using windows XP Pro.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

You need to adjust recording properties of the sound card. To do this open
Windows Mixer (use 'Open Mixer' button), select Options/Properties from menu and select Recording radio button. Make sure that MIDI Synth volume control is checked (if no MIDI Synth item is on the list check 'What U Hear') and click OK. Now check MIDI Synth (or 'What U Hear') and go back to PowerKaraoke -- the Recording level slider should become active. Adjust the level and proceed with converting.

If you are having any problems with the procedure described please post back. You may also email me a screenshot of Windows Mixer recording properties.
karaoke

silent files

Post by karaoke »

done. everything as described. no results. still silent wav. any other suggestion?
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Please email me a screenshot of Windows Mixer recording properties.
karaokefan

please see your mail

Post by karaokefan »

I just emailed screenshot to you