List of know compatible CDR burners?

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

v-lyn

List of know compatible CDR burners?

Post by v-lyn »

Is there a list of known compatible CD-R burners that work with Power CD+G burner? I am having problems with corrupt video using my LG drive model LG GSA 4163B? Audio is fine.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Unfortunately there is too many burners around -- we are unable to create such list. If you are able to burn graphics but they are corrupted, try using different CDs and burning at lower speed -- this us usually the reason of such problems. If you are still having problems please send us an email.

In general if a drive does not work with our software it will not display graphics at all.

And regarding the recommend drives -- Plextors are the best for CD+G. From cheaper brands I recommend LiteOn -- very good quality with lower price.
Holler

Post by Holler »

Your LG burner should work fine.

How are you checking your disk?

If in a CD+G or DVD player, what is the make and model number?

:)
v-lyn

Still No Luck

Post by v-lyn »

I apologize if this is a duplicate post but my earlier one still has not appeared on the forum.

Still no luck trying different settings in CD+G burner. I have now also tried a Pioneer DVR108b dvd burner with the same results. ie No video. I tried playing the CD+G's on Electrohome, Malata and Citizen karaoke DVD players. I realize these are not high end cd+g players but they do play other cd+g's without a problem.
In total frustration I went out today and bought a Plextor 716A dvd burner. As luck would have it I have had major problems with the Plextor to even do a successful burn from CD+G burner. Over 20 disks wasted due to failed writes. As a computer techy myself I upgraded firmware etc. etc but have now given up on the Plextor. It burns dvd's and other cd formats fine but just not from cd+g burner.

I have also tried different make cdr media such as verbatim, ridata and optodisc.

Anyway, can someone who has successfully used PowerKaraoke Plus and CD+G burner perhaps provide their specific h/w, steps and cd+g burner settings. I am under the gun to get my project completed and will beg steal or borrow the h/w required to get it to work.

Just so you know I am not bashing Powerkaraoke, I am more than happy with PowerVideo Karaoke having completed some high quality karaoke dvds with it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Holler

Post by Holler »

Well.... there is only one Electrohome model I know of that supports CD+G (that would be the EH8182) and the clone of it (the Citizen model). The rest are either VCD or DVD.

BTW... my 8182 has no probs playing CD+G burned with either of my burners (Plextor and an LG).

What are the model numbers of your players?

And,

What exactly are you trying to burn... .mp3 and corresponding .cdg files or .bin files?

And,

If you are burning the above files, do they play ok in the Powerkaraoke software player?

Still trying

Post by Guest »

The players I have tried are Citizen model JDVD3821 & Electrohome EH8403. Both play my store bought CD+G's without a problem. But from PK CD+G Burner all produce the same result of audio but no video (blank screen). My very first attempt strangely enough, had shown bar lines (corrupted video?) but I dont even get that now.
Over 30 bad burns so far. I'm running out of CD's (smile).

PowerKaraoke Plus seems to work fine and the Bin or CDG files created all play perfectly in Power CDG Player Pro on the computer. I have even removed my title and credit screens to produce a basic lyrics & audio CD+G. Still no change. That is why I think it is a software(ie. PK CD+G Burner pgm)/H/W cd burner compatibility problem.

As far as computer hardware, the system is quite powerful as I use it for 24 track studio audio recording and video editing etc. P4 3.06Ghz, 2x200 GB SATA, 2GB Kingston DDR Ram. m/b Asus P4P800SE.

As of this morning, I am again trying the Plextor drive. I uninstalled all PowerKaraoke, Roxio & Plextor s/w. Removed my Pioneer DVD burner and made the Plextor the master on the secondary IDE channel with no slave attached, Updated my ASPI driver from adaptec. All these suggestions were from many newsgroup users having CD burn problems using the Plextor 716a drive. So far I am now able to burn the CD+G but the 'no video' problem remains. I am in the process of trying different CD+G Burner settings and will let you know if I am successful.

Again, can someone give me their specific settings for CD+G burner program especially if they are using any of the CD burners mentioned?
I am producing simple CD+G's Bin files from PK Plus using imported .wav files and text entered in PK plus.
Holler

Post by Holler »

Alright... now we are getting there...

One last REQ...

Test your burned disk in your computer with Player Pro using your Plextor drive. Playback a commercial disk first (to make sure things are working), then try one of your creations.

Post back with your results.

I have checked on RAW Subchannel Mode and Don't generate error correction. ASPI is enabled. Both my burners 48 plex and LG Super Multi work fine.

Things should be working for you. We will get to the bottom of it! :)

SUCCESS!!!!!

Post by Guest »

YIPPEEE! I have now made successful burns on 4 different burners.
The trick seemed to be in my settings in PK CD+G burner.
The Plextor 716A definitely does not like being a slave drive but now works great..
The only boxes checked on all pc's were:
1. Dont Interleave Subchannel Data
2. Dont generated Error Correction codes
3. Used Transport Layer SPT1.

This setting has now worked on all my PC's having burners: Plextor 716A DVDRW, LG 8520B CDRW, Pioneer DVR108B DVDRW and LG 4163B DVDRW.

Thanks for your help.
Holler

Post by Holler »

*Two thumbs up*

admin
Admin

Post by admin »

I am happy that you have figured out burning on your drive. But I have good news -- this week we will be releasing new buing of Power CD+G Burner with a completely new burning engine. It should work on Plextor Plemium and in general should provide much greater compatibility.

New version will be 1.2.1 and should be available in Wednesday 25th of May.
v-lyn

Post by v-lyn »

Look forward to trying it.
Thanks again,
Holler

Post by Holler »

Excellent! :)