Video is garbled

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

msaudinaitis

Video is garbled

Post by msaudinaitis »

Hello,

Need some help on this one. On occasion, a very select few files burn with the video portion garbled. The audio consistently comes through fine. I have tried changing the settings to just about all of the available combinations (using a LOT of CDs) and it doesn't change. I have tried burning them using the CDG file and also by creating a BIN file. I burn them at 1X speed. Same results over and over again on just those specific files.

I downloaded the trial of CDRWIN, noting your FAQs of burning with their product. I loaded the BIN files ( as you recommended) of the same files to set the tracks and the video portion came through fine (the audio always did).

So what do I need to change on the PowerBurner to get it to work? Your product is a lot easier to use and I'd like to get it to work so I don't have to reburn in CDRWIN.

Thanks,

Mike S.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Please try switching 'Don't generate error correction codes' option -- it might help.

How have you created the files? Are they ripped from a CD or created with some authoring software like PowerKaraoke? Can you email me a CDG file that is causing problems?
msaudinaitis

Burning CD+Gs

Post by msaudinaitis »

Hello,

I tried switching 'Don't generate error correction codes' option and burned another cd with the 'problem' files.

Now it created a dark blue box within a light blue frame, displaying the garbled graphics within the dark blue box.

I also sent you one of the files I'm experiencing this problem with under a separate email.

Please keep me posted on this as I'm really curious as to what causes this and how to fix it.

Thanks,

Mike S.
admin
Admin

Video is garbled

Post by admin »

When burning please make sure that 'Don't generate error correction codes' option is switched off. The file did not have proper error correction codes. When burning with CDRWin on CD+G compatible burner the burner adds these codes. Power CD+G Burner adds the codes itself -- it does not depend on the burner to do this.

But I have discovered that there might have been a bug in the code that was causing problems. I have fixed it -- please download the software once again and give it a try (version number is still 1.2.1, but the bug is fixed).
msaudinaitis

Post by msaudinaitis »

Hi,

I just sent you an email concerning this. I downloaded the new file, installed it, made sure that the settings were as you suggested and burned another cd with 3 of the 'problem' files.

They all burned perfectly, as expected. Audio and graphics came through fine.

Thanks for your expeditious handling of this matter. You do good work!

Mike S.
msaudinaitis

Starting to do this again

Post by msaudinaitis »

Hello,

Recently I downloaded several CD-G files. When testing the files out on a player within the PC, they worked fine. When I burned them (a total of 18 tracks), about 1/2 of them had bad, or more accurately, complete unintelligible graphics. The audio portion, as usual, came through fine.

I checked the settings you suggested for the burner and they were as you suggested. I burned the files at a speed of 1X.

Any other thoughts/suggestions.

Thanks,

Mike S.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Please email me a CDG portion of the file that is causing problems. Are you using default burn settings?
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the files -- I hope I have found the problem. Please go to our website and download version 1.2.2. It should fix what was wrong.

The files had some additional information in them -- not only CD+G (they were probably ripped with Audiograbber) and it confused error correction alogrithm. I hope it is fixed now.
msaudinaitis

Another issue resolved

Post by msaudinaitis »

Hello and thanks again..

It worked perfectly. Thanks for the quick response and resolution to this issue.

Mike S.