Problems After Upgrading Burner

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Problems After Upgrading Burner

Post by Guest »

I download the newest version of cd burner and the other version worked fine but the newer version the video is garbled, I tried all the settings and nothing works, a few of the songs play fine but the others don't!
Even the songs I burned in the past all come through now garbled..
I have tried redownloading the software uninstall the older version and installing the new one but nothing is working!
I trashed the older version I had (FIGURES) and I don't know what to try?

PLEASE HELP :?:
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

What burner are you using?

If you use the latest version (1.2.1) you may choose between new (internal) burning engine or old (cdrdao). We recommend using the first -- what options are set in Settings dialog?

Also do you remember which version did work properly?

Post by Guest »

I have a ASUSCRW-4832Ax.0.50. I purchased the burner on May 15th 2005, I don't know what version I downloaded that day. But that version worked fine. With the version I have now I tried all the settings and all the cd's come out garbled.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Are you using 1.2.1 version? Can you email me the log file (cdgblog.txt located in c:\Program Files\Doblon\Power CD+G Burner)?

Post by Guest »

IS THERE NO SUPPORT HERE, IT SOUNDS LIKE ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS SELL YOUR SOFTWARE, AND AFTER IT'S PAID FOR THE CUSTOMER IS ON THEIR OWN...

IF THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO CAN YOU PLEASE REFUND MY MONEY!
BECAUSE THE SOFTWARE WORKED BEFORE I UPGRADED..
:evil:
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

I am sorry that you feel this way -- we try to help as we can. You have not answered my questions, there is no way I can help without your cooperation. We do our best to help our customers with their problems -- I have answered your post as soon as I saw it (9 hours and 4 hours after you wrote it). Why do you say there is no support?

We are constantly improving the software -- burning CD+G is a complex task and is very dependent on hardware and software configuration. The latest version should work on most computer systems. And of course if it fails to work we will refund your money.

I will answer your email with technical issues.

Post by Guest »

I'm sorry

I am frustrated here, your web site states keep up with the latest version so I did that and nothing seems to work, a person would think the updated version would work the same or better considering the previous version worked fine that is why I purchased it...
I also have a Pioneer DVR-107D external firewire drive which is also supported but the problem is the same..
Did you receive my E-Mail
I got no reply as of yet... :wink:
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Version 1.2.1 introduced major change -- a new burning engine. But to make sure that users that had no problems with the software will continue to enjoy it there was a question whether to reset the settings or leave everything as it was. This question was asked for the first time the new version was run.

To revert software to the state prior version 1.2.1 you need to select CDRDao burning engine in Settings dialog box.

I have tested the new version with Pioneer DVR 109 -- it worked with no problems. But it was USB-connected, not Firewire, so maybe it makes the difference.

I am sorry for the problem you are having -- please try using CDRDao burning mode. If to no avail, please send me the log file (pcdgblog.txt located in C:\Program Files\Doblon\Power CD+G Burner).

We answer all emails on the same or on the next day, so either your email has not reached us or our response was blocked by your anti-spam filter.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

And one more important thing -- today we have released a new build (1.2.2) that fixes problem with some Audiograbber-ripped files.

Post by Guest »

The new version 1.2.2 works great
Thanks alot