Using a microphone

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

garrettlindsay

Using a microphone

Post by garrettlindsay »

What is an easy way to setup a microphone to use with this software?
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

I am sorry, but our software does not allow recording singer's voice yet.
garrettlindsay

Post by garrettlindsay »

Not actually looking for something to record voices with - but I'm sending the video and audio out to a TV and I wanted to hook up a microphone to my computer so that peoples voices can be amplified out the TV as well. Wanting the whole Karaoke experience :)

So what I'm looking for is just some way to get the microphone to send it's signal out the audio. Using Windows XP.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

OK, I get it now :)

You will have to fiddle with Windows Mixer settings (double-click speaker icon in taskbar area near the clock). You have to make sure that Microphone input is enabled (this is done in Record properties) and that Microphone output is not muted (this in Play properties). You will also be able to set appropriate volume levels.
garrettlindsay

Post by garrettlindsay »

I remember being able to do that with 98 and I think even with 2000, but with XP you don't get the option of the Microphone output in the play properties. Any other suggestions?
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Some soundcards change the functionality of Windows Mixer. To open the original version go to Control Panel, select Sounds and Audio Devices and then go to Audio tab. There click 'Volume' button and the mixer will pop up. If there is no output for the microphone, select properties from Options menu and make sure that there is a checkbox next to Microphone in the bottom list -- it should the appear in Play Control dialog box.