Burning cdg and mp3 into one CD+g file - newbie help

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Molly

Problem

Post by Molly »

My CD+G works fine in power player pro. Also in my ritech karaoke player.
But is still all garbled up on my main karaoke player that i use for
shows...and also in swift elite and win amp. Maybe it is a media problem
but i've already tried memorex music cd-r, tdk, and maxell. Any suggestions
for media to try?

Molly
Did I really make this mess all by myself??
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

I usually recommend TDK Audio or Mitsui Gold. Power CD+G Player Pro uses error correction when playing CD+Gs -- other software does not do this. The same may be the case with your other player.
Molly

hmmm

Post by Molly »

I just don't understand why all the ones i made before my system crashed still works fine in the jvc....
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

It beats me too. Maybe there is something in these specific files? If you burn the same songs as before are they also garbled?

As I wrote before, one more thing to try is switching to CDRDao burning mode.
Molly

garble

Post by Molly »

i tried the cdrdao and got a bunch of error. Wasted a lot of cdrs. I've tried several different files and they all act the same way again.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

When you reinstalled your system have you changed a CD-R drive?

Does the problem also occur when burning files you rip yourself from a commercial CD+Gs?
Siddu2

Post by Siddu2 »

Perhaps ADMIN should come up with a "good" troubleshooting guide for those of us that issues with your program after we paid for it?

One line answers that only ask more questions don't help many of us when we have tried all the usual answers that we see posted in all the threads.

After a while of monitoring the other posts now I see that many people that have tried or bought the programs begin to all sound similar. Most are having similar issues concerns or questions.
Many of us don't get the answers we are looking for however we DO get timely responses and we do appreciate that.

There has to be known issues with driver conflicts, ASPI settings and compatable or non-compatable drives. There has to be known issues with differnet CDR disks and CDG companies.

Perhaps what we need is more technical information about what is really working and not working with our issues and a list of easy to read possible solutions to try other than the normal stuff we see here every day.

Sorry... but I just had to speak my $0.02 and don't mean to offend anyone on this site. I still like your products very much :lol:
Surround yourself with the positive people... downers are such a drag!
Molly

You said it!

Post by Molly »

Amen!
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Our software can be downloaded and tried out. In most cases it works out of the box. It is impossible to foresee all possible hardware and software problems and hence we address all individual problems. Please note that the problems Molly is having occured after system (BTW -- Molly, have you changed your CD-R drive when reinstalling system?).

We do our best to help the users -- no email waits for answering longer than a day. Have you tried getting support from other companies? I bet you will wait longer.
Molly

Post by Molly »

For one thing, I wasn't being snotty...and another thing I didn't see anywhere that anyone, including me, said anything about you taking a long time to answer our questions. I have no problem with that at all. I thought you sit right on top of the computer to answer as quickly as you have. I'm just not getting the answers I'm looking for.

I don't see how changing drives (which I didn't) would make the words garbled on somethings and not others....especially the most important thing...the player I use for my shows. If I could get them to work on that player I would be happy.

Molly
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Power CD+G Burner depends on the hardware -- it does not work with some drives. This is why we have an evaluation version to test it.

There is still one question you have not answered -- does this happen for the files you rip yourself from commercial CD+Gs? JVC players were known not to play homemade tracks so it may depend on the files you burn.

I cannot give you any more anwers -- if the CD+G plays properly on one player it means it is burned properly. I would suspect the content of the file to be incompatible with JVC player.
Molly

Hmmm

Post by Molly »

As I've stated before....the player plays home made discs. I backed up all my disks cause i didn't want to have to replace anything. It worked perfectly before I had to restore my computer.

Thanks,
Molly
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Home made discs and home made songs is something different. I meant songs made by regular people using software like PowerKaraoke. It is known that some of our competitors' software did not work properly with JVC players.

What I wanted to make sure is that you burned EXACTLY the same song before and it worked and now it does not.