Power CD+G Burner - Problem with File Names - Slash "/&

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

GoingGrey

Power CD+G Burner - Problem with File Names - Slash "/&

Post by GoingGrey »

Absolute LOVE Power CD+G Burner! It rips my CDGs much cleaner than any other program I've tried!

A few suggestions regarding a quirk/bug or two I've found...

1. When you grab the artist & title from FREEDB, it defaults to

Artist / Title

That slash "/" in between the two is an illegal character for Windows filenames. So when Burner saves the files, I end up with just a space between the artist and title.

Which means I need to manual change all those slashes before I rip, or edit all the file names after I rip so I have a dash "-" between them, making the file name structure compatible with the many and various karaoke song database/hosting programs out there.

Is it possible to change the slash to a dash by default, or to add a "{Title}" option to the file name mask? Something like this is what I would like:

{Album}-{TrackNumber} - {Artist} - {Song}

2. Is there a way for Burner to "remember" CDs it has already pulled the artist/song/album information from FreeDB already? If I place a CD into Burner, refresh, then put another cd in, then put the first cd back in, I have to reconnect to FreeDB to reacquire the album/artist/song data. This isn't all that big a deal, but it would be nice if Burner could recognize CDs it has already "seen" (like MediaPlayer or AudioGrabber does).

Great program, despite the quirks! My boyfriend and I purchased a registration code yesterday :)

Thanks and have a terrific day!

Laura & Michael
GoingGrey

Re: Power CD+G Burner - Problem with File Names - Slash &quo

Post by GoingGrey »

"or to add a "{Title}" option to the file name mask?"

Ooops... Meant to say "{Artist}" there :)

Thanks!

Laura & Michael
GoingGrey

Power CD+G Burner - One more suggestion :)

Post by GoingGrey »

Would be nice if the program would "beep" at you, or auto-eject, when it is done ripping a CDG :)

Thanks!

Laura & Michael
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for all the input -- I have added this to the things-to-do list and they should get implemented in one of the nearest updates.