problem

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

problem

Post by Guest »

I downloaded the Power CD+G Burner and installed it to give it a try. When it installed, it slowed my burner down drastically. So, I removed the program from my computer but my burner still runs at about 1X speed. It is a new 16X Sony DVD DL burner and it functioned fine before I installed this program. Can anyone help me with this issue?
Thanks.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

I am sorry, but Power CD+G Burner cannot interfere with any other software. Are you sure that you were using the same media? Media have speed limit on them and some burners do not work with every media.

Post by Guest »

Yes. I have also tried different media since this and it doesn't change a thing. I don't know what the problem is but it was working fine right up to the time I installed Power cd+G. The very next time that I used it, it was tremendeously slow and continues to be slow.

Post by Guest »

Yes. I have also tried different media since this and it doesn't change a thing. I don't know what the problem is but it was working fine right up to the time I installed Power cd+G. The very next time that I used it, it was tremendeously slow and continues to be slow.
What used to take me about 9 minutes to burn now takes me about 45 minutes. So if anyone can help me out with this I would appreciate it.
Thanks
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

What software are you using to burn?

Post by Guest »

RecordNow ver. 4.56

Post by Guest »

My Sony burner is set as my master drive on IDE2 and I have a HP 4x burner set as a Slave on IDE2. Now my slave 4x burner is about 4 times faster than my 16x master.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Is DMA enabled for this drive? Please check this page:

http://www.real-knowledge.com/dma.htm

Post by Guest »

The "Transfer Mode" is set to DMA if available. But it is showing that the "Current Transfer Mode" is PIO Mode.

Post by Guest »

IT IS FIXED!
I uninstalled the IDE2 controller and rebooted. At this point, both of my DVD burners came back up as Ultra DMA Mode 2.
Thanks for your assistance in helping me with this problem.
Thanks again