Wehn I import songs they are importing twice

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

tryingcake

Wehn I import songs they are importing twice

Post by tryingcake »

I have recently added new songs. I have ripped them like always. But now on many (not all) entries they are importing twice.

They will import once properly and then again with a file name that I can't see exists anywhere.

How I have them in the hard drive:

DK0055-23 - Dayne, Taylor - Prove Your Love

The Parsing Rule:
DiscID-Track# - Artist - Title

It is entering in to the database twice. Once just as it should and then like this under DiscID:

._Dk055

and it is non-playable.

If it weren't for the fact that I want to print books from the database it wouldn't be a big deal. But it is.... any clues?

I do not see anything that looks like this on my hard drive... I've even tried searching and it's not showing up.

Please help!! Thank you.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

What format are you ripping to? Maybe for some reason you have created additional files that confuse Siglos?
tryingcake

Post by tryingcake »

zip (compressed mp3 + G)

Same as all the others.

DK and MM

The rest are just fine.

It's weird. I rip them all the same exact way.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Can you please email me your siglos.db file and let me know which files are duplicated? Maybe I will find some information there.
tryingcake

Post by tryingcake »

piotr wrote:Can you please email me your siglos.db file and let me know which files are duplicated? Maybe I will find some information there.
I had already deleted them before posting. BUT.... I just went back to it and tried yet again - I got it to work. This is after hours of playing with it last night. maybe I just needed a good night's sleep.

Under "File Types to Include" on the import screen, I unchecked-marked everything except ZIP (zipped MP3+G). That did the trick. I've always had everything check-marked. I did a test run, it played just fine.

So, now I will see if it imports songs that I have not had problems with using just this selection (I'm hoping I do not have to remember to go back and forth). If so, yippee!! If not - I'll have to try to remember to make this change before importing.

Does this sound like that may be a common error?

AND, most of all - thank you for your help!!
tryingcake

Post by tryingcake »

OK - I give up. It worked importing one folder at a time. But doing several folders at once - it went back to it's old tricks. GRRRRR
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

So you are still getting duplicates? Then please email me siglos.db with duplicated songs.
tryingcake

Post by tryingcake »

piotr wrote:So you are still getting duplicates? Then please email me siglos.db with duplicated songs.
OK. Thank you.
tryingcake

Post by tryingcake »

Can I force a backup? I guess it backups automatically every 7 days. It did this two days ago - after I deleted all of the bad files.

I have re-imported a folder that I know will have the mystery bad files. But I have to wait 5 more days before I can email you - or can you tell me how to back it up now and not wait?

Thank you.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

This registry script will cause the backup to be generated on the next program start:

http://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/re ... upTime.reg

Backup creation must be enabled in Settings for this to work.
tryingcake

Post by tryingcake »

piotr:

grrrr!! LOL - OK - I have a backup for you. But I can't locate your email address. I looked at your profile and it's not there. I tried to PM you and it's been disabled.

Please direct me in how I get this database to you. Thanks!
adam

Post by adam »

Please e-mail the file to [email protected].