Power CDG to MPG converter keeps crashing

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

tester

Power CDG to MPG converter keeps crashing

Post by tester »

Hi,

I tried running your MPG converter demo program, but everytime I try (using your sample, Mary had a little lamb, or any other file) the program crashes.

The program continues converting in the background until I hit ok on the crash window.

If I let it finish converting, I get the video (labeled MaryHadALittleLamb_vid.m1v)
with no sound.

I also get 2 other files: one labeled MaryHadALittleLamb_aud.mpg and the other labeled MaryHadALittleLamb.mpg; both mpgs are 0kb.

After I crash (Power CDG to MPG Converter has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.), I click on Send Error Report, and Microsoft tells me the problem is with ffdshow (Error caused by ffdshow: no specific solution found).

I am running Win XP with the latest version of everything and 1.0.23 of your converter.

Any suggestions?

Thanx,
Dan
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

FFDShow is know to cause problem with our software -- please try uninstalling it if you can.
djdanx

what does ffdshow do? Is it safe to remove?

Post by djdanx »

Is it safe to remove ffdshow?

What does it do?

Regards,
Dan
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

FFDShow is a audio/video codec that usually gets installed with codec packs. You may always reinstall it later.