Crossfade ????? where

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

dabdig

Crossfade ????? where

Post by dabdig »

I have been using pdjvj for years thought it was time to freshen things up with some good info on screen for singers
I purchased Siglos Karaoke Pro because it stated that it had fade in out options with crossfade where is this option as I am still getting that DREADED SILENCE between songs when going from karaoke to fill in or when it moves on to next song in fill in list if I have no singers
I have checked skip silence at beginning and end of song for karaoke dead space and have crossfade set to 4

Crossfade=fading from one to another yes ??

Is this a glitch with the programme or is crossfade function just not there ? :(
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

I am sorry, but Siglos does not have crossfade yet and we never advertised that it does. It does have fade (one song fades out, the other fades in).
dabdig

Future Release ?

Post by dabdig »

My apologies must have misinterpreted the software menu options
i knew i spotted a cross fade button somewhere
why is there a cross fade option when using restart if it does not support cross fade

Will this be something that will possibly be added to future release
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

I would love to see a cross fade between karaoke and fill in music and even in the fill in music between each song. This would be so much more professional.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

The only problem with cross fading a karaoke song that's finishing and a fill-in song is that if you have a karaoke song that the singer will be singing right up to the end, is that before the karaoke song is done, the fill-in song will start to fade in which this situation would be awkward for the singer IMHO
dabdig

Post by dabdig »

I have used a 2 seond crossfade with another programme and didn't cause me any problems with cutting karaoke songs short at the end with siglos you could disable or adjust timing on the skip silence at end of song to compensate
Although even better would be a mix now button with a crossfade enabled so that when karaoke song is finished or about to just hit the mix now
I believe most KJ's would know when the song is about to go into dead air and hit the mix now button.
Or maybe a cross fade function on the (Plays next item in playlist) button

I have been KJ'ing for 15 years and I also build systems for other KJ's in the UK and this I think would be my default install if it had this kind of option

Don't get me wrong This is one of the best programmes I have used for singer features and I think it would outdo any other software available on the market if it had this option.

I hate dead air how many others do ?
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Crossfade is something we definitely want to add sooner that later. We have been slow on updates recently, but this is going to change -- before the end of July we will release a module to allow customers to select songs via smartphones, once this is done we will add other features.
dabdig

Post by dabdig »

Well you get the thumbs up from me and probably from everyone I will be recommending this programme too when it's done