CD+G Creator\MFC80.DLL.

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

fatfrankie88

CD+G Creator\MFC80.DLL.

Post by fatfrankie88 »

since having newly installed CD+G Creator i recieve an error message in my systems log:
Generate Activation Context failure for C:\Programfiler\Doblon\Power CDG Player Pro\MFC80.DLL

This message also appears for CD+G player pro, wich previously had no failure messages.
What is \MFC80.DLL used for ? and how can i rectify this fault?
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

MFC80 is a standard library from Microsoft. Please make sure that you have the latest version of Power CD+G Player Pro on your computer (1.0.14).

If the problem persists with version 1.0.14 please post back.
fatfrankie88

CDG Player Pro\MFC80.DLL.

Post by fatfrankie88 »

yes i have the latest version of both PowerCD+G Creator and CDG player pro.
I also have the short cut link to Power Kareoke on my desk top and control panel which cannot be uninstalled , the readback message is that Power kareoke does not exist on my PC. I can delete the desktop shortcut, but not the one in my control panel.
Should i uninstall everything then re-install the new version of CDG PLayer Pro, and only the upgrade of KareokeCD+G creator?
Will the upgrade install without Power Kareoke being present??
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, Karaoke CD+G Creator upgrade does not require PowerKaraoke to be present -- please uninstall everything (you may even manually delete appropriate subdirectory of C:\Program Files\Doblon directory -- it contains all software from us).

What operating system are you using?
fatfrankie88

CDG Player Pro\MFC80.DLL

Post by fatfrankie88 »

I'm using XP Pro (English v.) I have on previous occasions manually deleted Doblon from my reg...using the search option until no further references are found by the Regedit search engine. This is a long job as the files are everywhere like buck shot from a shotgun! even after defraggiing.
Removing files in this manner often corrupts the systems restore application causing the system to attemt to resolve incomplete rutines several times before submitting an error message at OS. start up, and when starting the application.
It appears that the MFC80.DLL Side by Side is not critticle for the Creator and Player applications to function.
What does Side by Side do?
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

I have no idea what Side by Side is.

Removing C:\Program Files\Doblon\Power CD+G Player Pro will not corrupt your system -- please try doing this and then reinstalling the program. I understand you are able to run Karaoke CD+G Creator without problems?