Cant play youtube downloaded files on SKP

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

HekoMi

Cant play youtube downloaded files on SKP

Post by HekoMi »

Hi everyone, im asking for your help here.

First, when a download a file from youtube and try to play it on SKP it take a while to add it to the singer play list, and when it finally does and hit Start button, program freezes and nothing happends at all; after a minute or so it just gets back to Start again and song is removed from singers play list as if sung. Even if there are more songs to play. Some times i just have to shutdown SKP and start again.

Second, is it normal when you play a song directly from youtube to hit "play" on the video screen? If i don´t do that video, won´t play, it just load. Is it any other way to star the video from main screen, some times second screen is out of my sight.

* Im runnning windows 7, latest update ´till today, downloaded youtube files are mp4 format and play well in WMP.

Thank you so much for your time guys!
HekoMi

Post by HekoMi »

Guys, i read some other post of different topics (what i should have done from the beggining), did some of thoes actions and it looks like everything is ok now. First i installed klcodec (i already have same but older version) and reset to default settings SKP. I used to have the runtime error before i update to 2.0.26 but now i don´t.

Thanks for everything! SKP such a great great prgram!
afzalahmad

Post by afzalahmad »

PostPosted: 5-10-1995 Post subject: Cant play youtube downloaded files on SKP Reply with quote
Hi everyone, im asking for your help here.

First, when a download a file from youtube and try to play it on SKP it take a while to add it to the singer play list, and when it finally does and hit Start button, program freezes and nothing happends at all; after a minute or so it just gets back to Start again and song is removed from singers play list as if sung. Even if there are more songs to play. Some times i just have to shutdown SKP and start again.
:roll: :arrow: :arrow:

Last edited by afzalahmad on Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
adam

Post by adam »

Did you try to instal K-Lite Basic codec pack?
aodor

WHERE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS?

Post by aodor »

Is K-Lite a required component? Where are the instructions to its use. Where is the manual on how to use youtube in SKP?

Alberto Odor, MD
adam

Post by adam »

Siglos uses system video compression codecs to play back video files: AVI, MPEG, etc. If there are not codecs installed in the system, one needs to install them, and K-Lite is one of the options. If the program is used for CD+G karaoke playback only, there is no need for this.

Using the YouTube feature is pretty straight forward. There is a Search button to search for songs, and Play button to play them back. Some videos cannot be played online outside Youtube. This is why there is 'Download' button that allows to save such video to your hard drive and play it from there.